Ads Home (468x60)

US Visa : Crack the code..B1,L1,H1


H1B.A visa that every software engineer in India wants on his passport.Being a software engineer myself, i know how crazy guys are for this visa, some have already started their hunt for consultants for 2009-10 quota. Some of them will make it to the US, most will try again.Giving a visa interview is quite an experience by itself. I'll share my experience.As far as i know there are 3 categories of work permit visa.B1,L1,H1. Strange naming convention, well there are lot of strange things coming up..read on.
You are on a biz trip if u applying for B1, Intra-Company transfer if L1 and permitted to work for any company if H1. So your resume,profile and your answers to the interviewer depends the your visa category. Dont worry your company will brief you with "Common Question asked during visa interview" yea forgot to mention your dress also plays an important role,like semi-formal for b1,formal for l1 and tuxedo for h1 :)
How can i not mention "My Experience with Truth..Visa Interview".Apparently i shared my middle named with one black listed guy. Hope you are with me..the excitement begins now. So i had to be finger-printed. The last time i was finger-printed was when i was a kid as i couldn't sign on my passport.All ten fingers she says, starting from right hand. The visa officer(pretty lady,just couldn't take my eyes off her) starts little finger,ring finger,middle finger...imagine a pretty lady showing you her middle finger, i think she must have caught me ogling at her :)..index,thumb.
I ask her what next? She says we will send your finger-prints to FBI..my jaws drop.I am still to land in the US and am already on FBI Hit-List..hehe. But everything went off smoothly and was granted a US Visa. If you have to go there, you have follow "Laws of their Land"..which is correct.
So here i am with stamped visa on my passport..but yet to fly to US(This is a story in itself maybe some time).Till then MERA BHARAT MAHAN....
US Visa : Crack the code..B1,L1,H1 US Visa : Crack the code..B1,L1,H1 Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, November 09, 2007 Rating: 5

1 comment :

  1. Dude.. i think the story of u not being able to get on to a US-bound flight (inspite of holding the L1)would make for real interesting reading. Pls post that :)

    ReplyDelete

Internal ADS 468x60

Powered by Blogger.